Samsung's Galaxy Note gets a chance to taste the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) via the latest Asylum CM10 ROM. The new ROM, built from official CM10, features performance and user interface tweaks. Thanks to the efforts of developer at xda-developers forum, everything seems to be working. As it is an unofficial ROM you could find some bugs and issues. The Android Soul reports that the new ROM brings the functionality of CM10 and features of Jelly Bean alongside some extra features to offer users a better experience.
The issue in question relates to a call log which has a small glitch if the LCD density is not set to default 320.
Take a look at the steps below on how to install the Asylum CM10 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and reiterate we will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- Please keep in mind that the ROM as well as the instructions below are compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 model. Hence, do not make an attempt to try it on any other device.
- In order to check the model go to Settings > About phone.
- The method will wipe away all the data, settings and apps. IBTimes UK advises users to make a back-up of all data including APN settings before the installation.
- Finally, ensure to flash CM9 ROM before installing Asylum CM10 ROM on your Note.
How to install Asylum CM10 Custom ROM based on Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000:
- Download latest version of the ROM from official thread at XDA Developers' forum
- Download Google Apps package from here
- Without extracting copy both downloaded files to the device's internal SD card
- Turn off the phone and boot into ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power keys simultaneously. The device will boot into CWM recovery. In recovery, use the Volume buttons in order to scroll up or down and Power key to select options
- Choose wipe data/ factory reset and then select "Yes" to confirm the installation
- Choose install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard once again. Now. Scroll to ROM file and select it. Select "Yes" to confirm the installation
- After some seconds, you can see an installer. Here, you can make your choices or just leave the default option in every screen. But, keep pressing "Next" until ROM will start installing. Please ensure to choose Google Apps aka Gapps option when given choice
- After installation process, your Note will automatically reboot into Asylum CM10 ROM.
Asylum CM10, based on Jelly Bean is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]