Samsung Galaxy S2 has received the Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) Build-1 custom ROM based on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), thanks to the efforts of bajee11, a Recognised Contributor on XDA developers forum. The AOKP ROM brings the goodness of Jelly Bean for the Galaxy S2.
In July, AOKP ROM featuring CM10 Kernel was ported on Galaxy S2. The Build-1 custom ROM is unofficial and hence there could be some bugs and issues.
Take a look at the steps below on how to install the AOKP Build 1 on Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and reiterate we will not be held responsible for any consequences. We advise users to make a back-up of all data including APN settings before the installation.
Pre-requisites: Please keep in mind that the method is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100. Hence, do not make an attempt to try it on any other device. In order to check the model go to Settings > About phone. The method will wipe away all the data, settings and apps.
- Install the stock Android 4.0.3 XXLPQ firmware on Galaxy S2
- Install ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery on XXLPQ
- Download latest version of ROM from official thread over at xda-developers forum
- Download Google Apps package from here
- Copy both downloaded files to the device's internal SD card
- Switch off the phone and boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up + Home and Power buttons. To scroll use Volume button and to select options use the Power key
- Choose Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and then select "Yes" to confirm the installation
- After installation of ROM, choose zip from sdcard again and then choose gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip file
- Now, go back and select reboot system now to reboot the device and boot into AOKP ROM.
You have now installed AOKP ROM Build 1 based on Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S2.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]