The predecessor of Samsung Galaxy S3, the Galaxy S2 (GT I9100), tastes a new Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) ROM known as Biftor based on XXLSJ firmware. This ROM is said to be fast, smooth, stable and completely transparent. Ever since the latest version of Jelly Bean version was released, different ROMs are being ported on Android devices.
Galaxy S2 users can update their device with the new Biftor ROM by following the tutorial. IBTimes UK reminds users it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
Before proceeding have a look at the following requirements.
- Make a backup of all data
- Enable USB debugging and ensure the device has at least 40 percent battery charge
- Ensure the device is not Network Locked
- Finally, make sure the device is rooted
To update Galaxy S2 with Biftor Jelly Bean ROM:
- Download the Biftor Jelly Bean ROM to PC and copy the downloaded file to the device
- Download the ROM Manager app and choose Reboot into Recovery Mode option
- You can enter Recovery mode by holding the Volume Up and Home buttons. While holding them, turn the device on
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Wipe Cache Partition
- Select Install Zip from SD Card to choose the ROM package
- Once the firmware is updated, choose Go Back and select Reboot System Now. Head over to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version on Galaxy S2
Biftor Jelly Bean ROM based on XXLSJ is now installed on Galaxy S2.
Note: In case the device does not boot up or show the Home screen, then remove and re-insert the battery in order to boot the device in normal mode.
[Information Courtesy: Android Advices]