We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
Premium Suite Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) has finally arrived for Samsung Galaxy S3. The suite is known as XXELL4 firmware. Although the firmware does not feature multi-Window capability, it comes with apps such as Paper Artiste and Smart Rotation.
The update has officially made its way to several European countries. Soon, the update is to be pushed for unbranded Galaxy S3 devices in Germany, Switzerland, Asia, Africa, the rest of Europe and Latin America.
Interested readers can check this tutorial to upgrade their Galaxy S3 with the new firmware, but IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if you damage your device during installation.
Users can download the firmware depending on their location:
Nordic countries: GT-I9300_NEE_ I9300XXELL4_I9300NEEELL1
Switzerland: GT-I9300_AUT_ I9300XXELL4_I9300AUTELK2
To update Galaxy S3 with Premium Suite XXELL4 Jelly Bean firmware:
- Download the firmware update (depending on your country) and Odin to the PC
- Extract both the files and open Odin in your PC and switch the device off to enter Download mode
- You can enter Download mode by pressing Volume Up and Power buttons while the device is switched off
- Connect the device to the PC via USB cable. The ID:COM section will turn yellow indicating that all drivers are installed in your PC
- Click on PDA and choose tar file and then select the option of Start to start the process of firmware update. Once the file is selected, click on Start. The update process will begin now. Once it is updated, the device will reboot automatically
- Follow the onscreen instructions in order to set up the device
The latest Jelly Bean firmware should now be running on Galaxy S3. You can verify the firmware by browsing to Settings > About phone.
[Information Courtesy: Android Advices]