The international variant of Samsung Galaxy S3 has received Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) recovery. A TWRP is a custom recovery which is used for flashing custom ROMs, making ROM backup, factory reset the device and more. It will reportedly feature an intuitive touch-based interface, fast backup and restore and inbuilt file manager.
Have a look at the guide below to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy S3. Please note it is compatible only with the Galaxy S3 having model number i9300. Do not make an attempt to try the method on any other variant or device.
You can manually check for the model by heading to Settings > About phone.
IBTimes UK cautions interested readers to proceed at their own risk and we will not be held responsible for any damages that might occur on your device.
How to install TWRP custom recovery on Galaxy S3:
- Ensure you have installed ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery
- Download TWRP recovery file from the official thread at XDA Developers' forum
- Copy the downloaded file in step 2 to your device's internal storage
- Boot the phone into CWM recovery. To do so, switch off the device and keep holding Volume Up + Home and Power buttons until the screen turns on. After releasing the keys, the phone will then boot into CWM recovery in some seconds. In recovery, use Volume buttons to scroll up/down and the home button to choose options
- Choose install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to and select TWRP recovery and confirm the installation by choosing "Yes" on the next screen
- After installation, choose go back and then select reboot system now to reboot the Galaxy S3
- TWRP recovery is installed on your phone and it can booted into TWRP recovery as you booted the device into CWM recovery in step 4
Your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 has TWRP recovery in it for installing custom ROMs, kernels and mods.
[Information Courtesy: TheAndroidSoul]