XXAMA2 Android 4.1.2 firmware has arrived on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (i8190). It brings the official Android 4.1.2 software to the Galaxy S3 Mini along with several new fixes. The update can be accessed via Samsung Kies or manual installation.
Regions: United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy and Spain
Those who wish to update device manually may do so by following this tutorial. This is an official Jelly Bean build, which means the device will lose root after installing the update.
Before proceeding, ensure the device has all the necessary USB drivers installed. Make a backup of all your important data. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
To Install I8190XXAMA2 official firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
- Download Android 4.1.2 I8190XXAMA2 to the PC and extract the file
- Download Odin v1.85
- Turn the device off and now boot the device in Download mode (To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons until Android robot and a triangle appears and then press Power button to confirm entry to Download mode)
- Connect the device to the PC using a USB cable (a successful connection is indicated by one of the ID:COM boxes turning yellow with the COM port number)
- Flash these files, in the order mentioned (these will be obtained from the zip files downloaded earlier)
- Click PDA and choose file named Code
- Click Phone and choose file named Modem
- Click CSC and choose file named CSC
- Click and choose file ending .pit
- In Odin, check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options
- Click on the Start button. Installation will now begin
- After installation, the device will restart automatically. Once the Home screen, appears disconnect the device from PC
Android 4.1.2 build XXAMA2 firmware update has been successfully installed on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.
[Source: Team Android]