The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 (Wi-Fi + 3G) can now be updated to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) with the latest Android 4.1.1 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4 custom firmware. The new build lets you taste stock Android on your device with added functionality and system tweaks. Build 4 reportedly features custom NavBar ring on tablets, force dual panel view, flip or shake your device to snooze/dismiss the alarm and enabled USB mass storage emulation.
Take a look at the guide below to install the AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4 on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. The ROM and instructions below are only compatible with the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. IBTimes UK cautions users to proceed at their own risk and we will not be held responsible if you damage or brick your tablet.
- Make sure you have installed USB drivers for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. You can download the USB drivers from here
- Enable USB debugging mode
- Your device should have a charge of at least 80 to 85 per cent.
- Make a backup of all your data
- Your device should be rooted and have a ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed in the phone
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from Recovery mode
Check out the step-by-step instructions below to install the Jelly Bean AOKP 4 on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0:
- Connect and mount your tablet USB memory on your PC via USB cable
- Copy both downloaded files in step 1 to your device's SD card
- Switch off your device and enter into recovery mode. Turn on the phone, while keep holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons
- In CWM recovery, perform wipe data and scroll to "flash zip from SD card"
- Select 'choose zip from sdcard"
- Navigate to and select the custom firmware zip file. Confirm the installation by tapping on "Yes". Installation will begin
- Repeat the above step to install Google Apps
- On completing the installation, go to '+++++Go Back" and reboot the device by choosing "reboot system now" from recovery menu.
Your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 is now running Jelly Bean AOKP Build 4 custom firmware.