Samsung fans can now taste Google's latest Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system on Galaxy Tab Plus variants. XDA senior member aorth has ported the CyanogenMod (CM) 10 ROM based on Jelly Bean on the Galaxy Tab plus. A number of things that are reportedly working include accelerometer, proximity sensor, touch input, physical buttons, sound, camera, Wi-Fi, mobile data, auto brightness and Bluetooth (including A2DP).
However, there are certain issues regarding USB mounting of internal storage, HDMI out, hardware acceleration for DivX/MP3 and IR blaster. Developer claims that there are certain things that are yet to be tested such as GPS, USB tethering and low-power mode.
Check out the steps to install CM10 on Galaxy Tab Plus P6200 and P6210. Before installation please note that the method involves a risk of data damage. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Requirements: The guide below is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus with model numbers P6200, P6210. You can check the model number by heading to Settings > About tablet. The method will wipe away all the data, APN and settings. We advise users to make a back-up of all data. The device's battery should have a charge of 75 percent or more. Finally, ensure that ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery is installed on your device.
- Download latest version of ROM from the official thread over at xda-developers forum. Make sure that you download the appropriate ROM according to the device's model number
- Download Google Apps package from here
- Now, copy the downloaded files to your device's internal SD card
- Switch off the tablet and then boot into ClockworkMod recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons together until the screen will turn on and then release the Power button, while keep holding the Volume Up button for few seconds. To scroll use Volume buttons and to select an option use the Power button
- Choose Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and then select "Yes" to confirm the installation.
- Choose Install Zip from SDcard and then select Choose Zip from SDcard. Scroll to ROM file and select it. Choose "Yes" to confirm the installation. The ROM will now begin installing
- After installing ROM, once again select choose zip from sdcard and then choose gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip in order to install Google apps package
- After installing Gapps, go back to main recovery and then choose reboot system now to reboot the device and boot into CM10.
You have now installed CM10 based on Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus P6200/P6210.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]