Samsung has rolled out a new firmware XWLPC Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7510). The XWLPC ICS update can be accessed via the Samsung Kies software or as a manual installation. The latter option will need Odin pre-installed on a computer.
- PDA: P7510XWLPC
- CSC: P7510NZCLP3
- Version: 4.0.4
- Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom
IBTimes UK cautions users that this is an official update for the Galaxy Tab 10.1, which means the device will become unrooted after completion. Ensure appropriate USB drivers are installed before proceeding. This tutorial is compatible only with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7510).
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure drivers are installed on PC
- Ensure 80 percent battery charge
To Install XWLPC Android 4.0.4 Official Firmware on Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7510)
- Switch off the device and enter Download mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons until a Samsung logo appears)
- Press Volume Up button to highlight Download mode and then press the Power button to choose it the same
- Connect device to the PC using a USB cable (a successful connection is indicated by one of the ID:COM boxes turning yellow with the COM port number)
- Flash these files, in the order mentioned (these will be obtained from the zip files downloaded earlier)
- Click PDA and choose file named Code
- Click Phone and choose file named Modem
- Click CSC and choose file named CSC
- Click and choose file ending .pit
- Check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options in Odin
- Click Start in Odin to begin Installation
- After installation, the device will restart
- Unplug device after Home screen appears
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 should now be running the XWLPC firmware; to verify the device's build number, browse to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Android Jinn]