Samsung Galaxy S Duos has received the latest firmware XXALI7 Android 4.0.4. Users who might have missed the update via Samsung Kies may check out the installation tutorial below. Galaxy S Duos owners in the UK, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy and Spain can update their device to XXALI7 Android 4.0.4. You do not need to perform the method on a rooted device.
Samsung Galaxy S Duos was announced in July and went on sale in September. Your device will lose root after you install the firmware since this is an official update.
- Ensure device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Enable USB debugging and install all USB drivers
- Ensure all important data is backed up
- Finally, make sure that your phone is factory unlocked
Install Android 4.0.4 S7562XXALIH firmware on Galaxy S Duos:
- Download Android Android 4.0.4 S7562XXALI7 and extract the file
- Download Odin v1.85 on your phone
- Turn off the phone and enter download mode. You can do so by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home buttons and then press the Power key until you see feel the phone vibrates.
- Open Odin on your PC and connect the phone to PC while it is in the download mode
- On successful connection, you will see that one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow
- Choose files which are to be flashed/installed on your phone. These files will be found from the extracted files in step 1
§ Click on PDA and choose file with CODE in its name
§ Click on Phone and choose file with MODEM in its name
§ Click on CSC and choose file with CSC in its name
§ Click on PIT and choose the .pit file
- Check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset options in the Odin
- In Odin, click on Start button to begin the installation
- Your phone will now restart. Unplug your device from PC and turn it off once again once you see homescreen
Your Samsung Galaxy S Duos should now be running Android 4.0.4 build XXALIH7 update.
[Information Courtesy: Team Android]