We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
Samsung recently released the Android 4.1.2 ZSLSJ Jelly Bean official firmware for the Galaxy S2 with model number I9100. The ZSLSJ Jelly Bean is an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed using Samsung Kies. It brings a host of new features for the device.
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean features
1) Buttery smooth performance and great stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
2) Full user interface revamp (Same UI like the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2)
3) TouchWiz Nature UX
4) Samsung's Cloud services
5) New Lockscreen with many customisation options
6) New features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
7) New widgets (From Galaxy S3)
8) Free 50GB Dropbox storage
9) 2 Home screen modes
10) New Notification bar with more Notification Toggles
11) Google Now
Galaxy S2 users who have already updated their devices with Android 4.1.2 ZSLSJ Jelly Bean firmware and are looking to root their devices, may follow our step-by-step guide below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Before proceeding, users are advised to verify the model number of their devices, since the root method works only with Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy S2 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode.
3) Create a backup for all data of the phone.
4) Ensure that the battery of Galaxy S2 has above 80 per cent of charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked.
6) Rooting the phone will void manufacturer's warranty. Users can get the warranty back by unrooting the device later.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 on Android 4.1.2 ZSLSJ Jelly Bean
1) Download root kernel I9100ZSLSJ for Galaxy S2 to the computer
2) Download Odin v1.85 which will help to root the Jelly Bean firmware
3) Turn off the Galaxy S2 and place the device in Download Mode. Press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons together and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appears on the screen
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Connect the Galaxy S2 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. When the phone is connected to the computer successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step is likely to take sometime
6) In Odin, click on PDA and select the 'siyah-s2-v6.Ob4.tar' file
7) Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are selected in Odin
8) Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin. The installation process will begin and it would take about a few minutes to complete
9) Once the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. Unplug the USB cable from the phone once the home screen appears on the device
Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 running on official Android 4.1.2 ZSLSJ Jelly Bean is now rooted successfully. Open the app drawer on the phone and check for an app called Superuser. Additionally, verify with the Root Checker app from Google Play Store to ensure the root method is installed and is working correctly.
[Source: Team Android]