Paranoid Android, Android Open Kang Project (AOKP), CyanogenMod (P.A.C) ROM, a latest Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) based custom ROM has come to the Samsung Galaxy S2. The ROM is a combination of the three custom ROMs that brings the goodness of tablet and phablet-based user interface for the Galaxy S2. Users may experience fast and smooth performance without bloatware or custom manufacture skins.
Before proceeding, keep in mind this is not an official firmware and may contain few bugs or issues. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. Interested users are advised to proceed with the method at their own risk.
Device compatibility: The guides below and ROM are compatible only with Galaxy S2 with model number i9100 and not with any other variant. You may verify your model number by heading to Settings > About phone.
- Make a backup of all your data
- Install the stock Android 4.0.3 XXLPQ firmware on your phone
- Install ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery on XXLPQ
Install P.A.C ROM on Galaxy S2:
- Download the P.A.C ROM
- Download the Google Apps package
- Copy both downloaded files to the internal SD card
- Turn off the phone and boot into CWM recovery (to do so, press and hold Volume Up + Home and Power keys)
- Choose wipe data/factory reset and then choose Yes to confirm installation
- Choose install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to and select the ROM file. The ROM will begin installing
- After installation, select choose zip from sdcard again and then choose Gapps package
- Choose go back and select reboot system now to reboot the device and boot into AOKP ROM.
You have now installed P.A.C ROM based on Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S2.
[Source: The Android Soul]