We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a bigger battery of 2,600mAh which stores about 500mAh more power than its predecessor which runs on a 2,100mAh battery. Tests claim that the Samsung Galaxy S4 delivers talk time of closer to 14 hours, video playback of 10 hours and 16 minutes and web browsing life of eight hours and 42 minutes. Besides, the endurance test suggests that the Galaxy S4 can run for 63 hours in a single charge.
Users can improve the battery life of the Galaxy S4 to get the most out of it by doing some customisations. These tips are expected to deliver a battery life experience on the Galaxy S4. Check out the battery tips below.
1) Reduce the brightness of the screen as doing so will extend battery life of the Galaxy S4.
2) Live wallpaper uses device's CPU and GPU both to render itself which in turn drains considerable amount of battery charge. Therefore, try to avoid the use of live wallpapers and use the ones without animation. Moreover, use standard image or the wallpaper with darker background which consumes less battery.
3) Deactivate features like Wi-Fi or 3G/4G when not in use.
4) Also, turn the features such as GPS, Bluetooth and NFC on whenever needed as these features drain out battery quickly.
5) There might be some unused apps running in the background which use both memory and power. Uninstall such apps to save power.
6) Set up the auto sync and try to fetch data manually. When the auto sync is turned on, the device always searches for data which consumes energy.
7) Try to use short ringtones instead of longer musical ringtones and avoid using vibrating alerts.
8) Users are advised to charge the device in timely manner. Do not over-charge or under-charge the phone. Charge the device to 100% and charge only when the battery is fully out or having 10 to 20% charge. Do not to put the phone for charging overnight which is likely to hamper battery life.
9) Use the original charger that comes along with the Galaxy S4 kit as various chargers have different operating voltages. Besides, make use of the AC chargers instead of using the USB points for charging the battery since the USB charging trickles charging which is not advised for charging battery.
10) Do not expose the battery to extreme temperature conditions which will ruin the battery life.
11) Use Power Saving mode on Samsung Galaxy S4 which allows users to set their devices to conserve battery power.
[Video Credit: Milkerz5]
Click here to learn more about the battery performance of Exynos 5 variant of Samsung Galaxy S4.