Owners of Nexus S will have an opportunity to port the Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) with JRO03H Androxide 3.1.0 ROM on their smartphone, courtesy an XDA member called Haka. The ROM features extended power menu, notification toggles, custom lockscreen targets, weather on lockscreen, volume rocker music controls, performance controls and more.
Check out how to install Jelly Bean with JRO03H Androxide 3.1.0 on Nexus S. IBTimes UK warns readers there is a risk of data damage and advises users to proceed at their own risk. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Pre-requisites: This update is compatible only with the Nexus S i9020. Do not try this method on any other device. Users are advised to make a back-up of all data and APN settings. Your device's battery should have a charge up to 75 percent or more. The device should be factory unlocked. Finally, make sure that ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery is installed on the device. Download USB drivers from here.
- Download JRO03H Android 4.1.1 ROM from here
- Download Google Apps package from here
- Copy both downloaded files to your device's SD card
- Switch off the device and get into bootloader mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons
- Choose Bootloader and then go to recovery. In CWM recovery, navigate to "flash zip from SD card" and select it. Once again press the power button and select "choose zip from sdcard"
- Navigate to ROM file and select it. Press "Yes" to confirm the installation. ROM will begin installing
- After installing ROM, select choose zip from sdcard once again and select gapps package to install Google Apps package
- Go back to recovery and reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now, in order to finish Jelly Bean set-up
You have now installed JRO03H Androxide 3.1.0, based on Jelly Bean on your Nexus S.
[Information Courtesy: TeamAndroid]