South Korean electronics giant Samsung has started rolling out a new update, to Galaxy S4 users bearing model number I9500, and the latest update promises enhanced enterprise security along with other latest features.
This software update is not the Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS upgrade which is seeding to Samsung Galaxy S4 users in certain parts of the world.
The latest update retains the smartphone's Android Lollipop OS platform and includes the following enhancements.
Samsung's enterprise security platform has been upgraded from Knox 1.0 to Knox 2.0.
New features of Samsung Knox 2.0 are mentioned below:
- Cutting-edge core platform security: KNOX Workspace offers TrustZone-Protected Certificate Management, KNOX Key Store, Real-Time Protection for System Integrity, TrustZone-Protected ODE, Two-factor Biometric Authentication and Enhanced Generic Framework of KNOX.
- Improved user experience: KNOX Workspace offers a more flexible approach for enterprise deployment. KNOX container provides all Android apps from the Google Play Store (without app wrapping process), third-party container support and a simplified enrollment process.
- Expanding ecosystem: KNOX 2.0 includes two new cloud-based services: KNOX EMM, which offers cloud-based MDM and Identity and Access Management (IAM) (with Single Sign-On (SSO) and Directory services) along with a rich set of IT policies, and KNOX Marketplace, a one-stop shop for KNOX and enterprise cloud apps.
Apart from this, the new update for Samsung Galaxy S4 brings back the Silent Mode feature that was eliminated in the Android Lollipop OS update.
According to a SammyHub report, the latest update in the form of a 328MB-size file, has been rolled out in India and is expected to be available in the UK, US and other European countries shortly.
Galaxy S4 users should get to see the new update, via an over-the-air (OTA) notification. A manual search for the software can also be initiated by following the steps below:
- From the home screen, press the Menu button
- Tap Settings
- Scroll to and tap About device
- Tap Software Update
- Select Update now
- If new system updates are available, follow the on-screen instructions for installation, else tap OK.