The wider availability of Android Lollipop for Samsung's Galaxy devices continues with the update having just started seeding for the LTE Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P905), powered with the quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor.
The Note Pro users in Switzerland are the lucky ones to get the update first which brings a new Lollipop build P905XXUABOD7. Users installing the update should be able to enjoy all the Lollipop goodies such as Material Design inspired TouchWiz user interface, faster performance, new lock screen, heads-up notifications and much more that comes with Google's proprietary Android software.
- Model: SM-P905
- Model name: Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE
- Country: Switzerland
- Version: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Changelist: 4719750
- Build date: 22 April
- Product code: AUT
- PDA: P905XXUABOD7
- CSC: P905AUTABOD7
Along with the availability through the Samsung Kies server, the Lollipop build should be available as an OTA update. We have a step-by-step installation guide if you want to manually update your Note Pro to the newer Android version.
Keep in mind that this build (P905XXUABOD7) is an unbranded firmware, to install which you need an unlocked SM-P905 unit.
- Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers for Galaxy Note Pro on the computer.
- Create a backup of all important data of the phone using custom recovery, before following the installation guide.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the tablet to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
- Ensure your Note Pro has 80% battery. The device might shut down during the process due to lack of battery, which in turn could brick the device.
- You should have an unlocked Galaxy Note Pro SM-P905 model.
- The tablet will lose custom ROM once the stock update is installed. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of the official firmware.
- The Lollipop stock firmware build P905XXUABOD7 works with Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE only. As flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number by navigating to Settings>> About device>> Model number and then install firmware based on the model number.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
How to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop build P905XXUABOD7 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip
Step-3: Switch off your Note
Step-4: Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down buttons together
Note: Ensure that you have proper USB drivers installed on your PC.
Step-5: Launch Odin as Administrator on the computer. Click on the Odin tool then right-click and select Run as Administrator from the drop down menu
Step-6: Connect the Note to the PC using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step might take some time
Step-7: In Odin, click AP button and select the firmware files extracted in step-1
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Also, Re-Partition checkbox should not be ticked
Step-9: Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin
Step-10: The installation should start now. It would take a few minutes to complete the installation. Once the process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. When you see the home screen on the phone, unplug the USB cable from the phone safely
Your Galaxy Note Pro should now be ready to get started with Android Lollipop firmware on board.