Kirsty Jane Lennon turned in to human fireball in Costa Coffee toilets
Kirsty Jane Lennon accidentally set herself ablaze in Costa Coffee toiletsFacebook

A mother ignited herself into a human fireball at a Costa Coffee shop by accident and died from her injuries.

Kirsty Jane Lennon, 33, reportedly inhaled gas inside the toilet of a Costa in Livingston, Scotland, and then lit a cigarette.

Flames swiftly engulfed her body as a result and inflicted 30% burns on her body. In front of horrified customers, she burst screaming back into the cafe.

A tattoo shop manager was among those who tried to aid the mother-of-one by smothering the flames.

Witness Drew Cochrane wrote on Twitter: "I was in the shop minding my own business when the fire alarm went off. No one seemed to be moving.

"Then I heard chairs scrape and folk screaming and a woman came bailing out of the toilet on fire.

"Hair on fire, clothes totally burned off. Had to chuck my jacket on her, call an ambulance. Weird day."

Lennon had a history of solvent abuse, reported the Daily Record. She was given an Anti Social Behaviour Order in 2011 in a bid to stop her using toilets in public to abuse aerosols.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: "Police and emergency services were called to a cafe on South Bridge, Edinburgh on Tuesday, February 3, after a 33-year-old woman sustained serious burns.

"She was taken to St John's, Livingston, for treatment. However, she sadly died on Friday, February 6. A report will be sent to the procurator fiscal."