We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
It looks like fans of Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan can expect a lot of quality cinema from the actor over the next few years. Both his upcoming releases — Fan and Raees — are content and character driven movies, which will see him in more realistic roles, quite different from the characters he has been playing over the last few years. And now, there's a strong chance that the actor might soon sign a third film with director Vishal Bhardwaj.
Bhardwaj is known for his intense and hard-hitting brand of cinema that is reflected in almost all his films including Haider, Omkara and Maqbool. The director is currently working on a Casablanca-type love story set during the Second World War and recently teased a potential collaboration with SRK.
"I have a subject and both of us are interested in working on it together," Bhardwaj told the press (via Bollywood Life). "We are both looking forward to...or at least I am looking forward to working with him." The director also added that pursuing SRK for a film is a long and difficult process.
Meanwhile, fans are excited about SRK's next release — Fan. The film will see him playing a young, die-hard fan of a big Bollywood superstar. Both roles will be played by Khan himself and the film, set to release on 15 April 2016 is already generating tremendous buzz for its novel subject.
Check out these five interesting, rumoured details about Fan:
- SRK underwent a digital 3D scanning for his face to play the 24-year-old fan called Gaurav.
- The initial release date for this film was 14 August 2015 but it got postponed to April 2016 as it required tremendous VFX work in its post-production phase.
- The film is rumoured to feature a detailed look into SRK's real-life mansion in Mumbai. The director of the film, Maneesh Sharma, wanted to shoot in Khan's actual residence in order to achieve a realistic look for a particular shot. However, due to security reasons and deadlines, a replica of the actor's house (called Mannat) was created as a set.
- Rumours suggest that the film's plot will have some similarities to one of SRK's earlier films called Darr, where he played a psychopathic stalker. It remains to be seen what these similarities will be.
- A different set of rumours around the plot of the film indicate that Fan will have elements of humour and a series of incidents with mistaken identities.
Here are some leaked on-set images of SRK shooting for Fan:
— ♡ SRK RUSSIAN FC ♡ (@SRKFC_Russia) December 31, 2015
— Bollywood Arena (@BollyArena) December 31, 2015
— Music India (@MusicIndiaTV) January 7, 2016
Shah Rukh Khan Was Stopped From Entering Mannat - SRK Shooting For His Next Film FAN !! pic.twitter.com/VKiGw2p38p
— Khaleel Ahmed (@Iam_Khaleel007) December 10, 2014