T-Mobile has released the Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop) OS update for Samsung Galaxy Note Edge users on its wireless network service. The Lollipop update enhances the current Android 4.4.4 (KitKat) operating platform and brings along a plethora of new features.
The Lollipop roll-out is currently live and according to T-Mobile, Samsung Galaxy Note Edge users (bearing model number N915) can check for the Android 5.0.2 software bearing baseband version number N915TUVU1COD7, to update their handsets.
The latest OS update will be available automatically via over-the-air (OTA) notification, but users can also manually search for it and install it.
T-Mobile-driven Samsung Galaxy Note Edge users can check for the following enhancements, post installation of the Android 5.0.2 update:
Material Design: Material design offers fluid animations, vivid coloured themes and 3D-views.
- Improved Lockscreen: Shortcuts for both Phone and Camera are provided, along with material design-inspired notifications.
- Touchwiz: Brighter look and feel, bold colours, fluid animation inspired by material design.
- Floating Action Button: Floating action buttons provide easy access to the app's most important features, such as adding a new contact or favourite, or composing a text message.
- Smart Lock: Secures the smartphone by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or car.
- Interruptions: Priority notifications such as events and reminders, phone calls, and messages can be set up to sound or vibrate while all other notifications are muted.
- Recents: Easy access to your Chrome tabs right from the Recent apps page. Multi-window icons for ease of use during multi-tasking.
- Activation of 'OK Google' voice command: With OK Google, it is possible to issue voice commands to Galaxy Note Edge smartphones.
- Battery saver feature: Indicates remaining time left to charge.
How to manually search the Android 5.0.2 update?
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge users can follow the below mentioned steps to manually search for Android 5.0 OS update:
- From the home screen, select Settings
- Choose About device.
- Select Software update.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Start.
- A restart message will appear, choose OK.
How to update Android 5.0.2 using a PC?
- Download the most recent version of Kies.
- Double click the Kies file. The program will self extract, no action is required
- Select the desired Language and Location, then click Next.
- Read the license agreement, and accept it
- Kies will begin the installation. No action is required.
- When the process is complete, select Finish.