Michael Hussey
Hussey has backed England to win the T20 World Cup 2016 in India Getty

Former Australian cricketer Michael Hussey, also known as Mike Hussey, has backed compatriot Trevor Bayliss to guide England to their second T20 title in India. Bayliss's experience in the Indian Premier League (IPL), which he won twice in 2012 and 2014 with Kolkata Knight Riders, proves he has what it takes to guide a team to success in the subcontinent.

Hussey, who is also known as Mr Cricket, is the current batting consultant for Australia and he feels England are lucky to have Eoin Morgan as the skipper, rating him highly in terms of captaincy. "I think it's a huge plus (having Bayliss as coach) and I also really rate Eoin Morgan as skipper," said Hussey, as quoted from DailyMail.

"They're two guys who are going to keep things very calm. T20 cricket is high stress, high profile and high-octane and sometimes you can get carried away with that emotion whether things are going really well or poorly. You can really ride those huge waves and I think those two guys in the leadership roles will be very calm throughout the whole campaign.

"I think that's a really important and crucial ingredient in a successful T20 team. Just being able to handle the emotions of a high-stress and high-pressure environment. I definitely think they can win it. There's so much talent and ability in that England squad. I did watch a little bit of that South African series and when you come up against guys like AB de Villiers and Hashim Amla, they can take the game away from you quickly.

"I don't think they'll panic too much from those last couple of performances and if things fall into place, they get a bit of momentum going and get their confidence up of course they can go right through and be there at the pointy end."

England surprised everyone by winning the T20 World Cup in 2010, their first and only global title to date. They have been drawn in Group 1 of the main draw along with South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies and the Group B winner.

The Three Lions are scheduled to play their first game on 16 March against West Indies at Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium but before that they play two warm-up matches, the first of which is against New Zealand on 12 March in Mumbai.