TaiG, the Chinese jailbreak developer team, has finally launched the English version of its iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak and official website, in a bid to help English users to easily follow the steps for downloading and using the jailbreak utility on their iOS devices running iOS 8 through iOS 8.1.1.
The TaiG team has also unleashed an English version of its official Twitter account in an effort to promote better communication with non-Chinese users.
Interested users can get all the details about the latest TaiG jailbreak on the English version of their official website: TaiG.com/en.
The website clearly features the download link for latest TaiG v1.0.2 jailbreak, jailbreak tutorial and update log, which have all been translated from Chinese to English.
The official communication channel of TaiG is now available in English via the Twitter handle: @TaiG_Jailbreak, which was reportedly created on 29 November.
Here is what TaiG tweeted in celebration of its newly launched English website and official Twitter account:
— TaiG_Jailbreak (@taig_jailbreak) December 3, 2014
Those who could not understand or failed to install the Chinese version of TaiG jailbreak can now try installing the English version of the jailbreak by following a simple step-by-step guide below.
iPhone 4s/iPhone 5/iPhone 5s/iPhone 5c/iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
iPad/iPad Air/2; iPad mini/mini2/mini3
iPod Touch fifth generation
- Confirm your device is running any version from iOS 8 through iOS 8.1.1 by checking the version number via Settings > General > About > Version.
- Back up important data and settings on your iOS device via iTunes before you proceed.
- Turn off passcode and Find My iPhone feature as follows:
- Go to Settings > Passcode and turn Passcode off.
- Turn off Find My iPhone via Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and click to turn off.
Note:If OTA device failed in Jailbreak, please download the latest firmware and flash it, then continue Jailbreak.
Steps to jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 untethered using TaiG v1.0.2 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Download and open TaiG Jailbreak tool for iOS 8.
- Connect your iOS device to computer via USB cable and ensure it is detected in iTunes.
- Click Start button in TaiG jailbreak window and let the jailbreak installation begin.
- Do not disconnect the USB cable until the jailbreak process completes.
- Once the jailbreak process is done, your device should reboot automatically and the "Jailbreak Successful" confirmation message should pop-up.
- Now unlock your device and let it boot to the home screen.
- Cydia icon should now appear on the home screen, which reconfirms that you have successfully jailbroken your device on iOS 8.x using TaiG jailbreak.