As expected, the TaiG team has issued another update to its unteteherd jailbreak tool for Mac within a couple of days of releasing the first version.
The latest release for Mac version 1.1.0 fixes the issue of blank screen on OS X 10.9. So if you are experiencing the issue after installing TaiG for Mac 1.0.0, you may use the latest update, or wait for another stable version.
Head over to the following guide if you want to install TaiG jailbreak 1.1.0 for Mac on your iOS devices powered by iOS 8.1.3-8.4.
- The following guide uses TaiG jailbreak tool for Mac. If you are a Windows user, you can opt for the Windows compatible version.
- TaiG is an untethered jailbreak version.
- Create a backup using iCloud or, iTunes before you start the jailbreak process, which might wipe out all data of your iOS device.
- If you get warning saying Storage Almost Full, run Cydia.
- If the jailbreak process fails, turn off Wi-Fi and try again. If that does not work too, then use TaiG Pro to restore and try to jailbreak again.
- Ensure that your iOS device is having 80% battery.
- TaiG jailbreak v1.1.0 supports iOS 8.1.3- iOS 8.4. Update your iOS device to iOS 8.4 with TaiG Pro before jailbreak.
- IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device.
How to jailbreak iOS 8.1.3- 8.4 untethered with TaiG jailbreak tool v1.1.0 for Mac
Step-1: Download TaiG tool v1.1.0 for Mac
Step-2: Connect your iOS device to the PC using USB cable
Step-3: Go to Settings>> Passcode>> Enter your Passcode>> Turn Passcode off>> enter your Passcode
Step-4: Turn off Find My iPhone from Settings>> iCloud>> Find My iPhone
Step-5: Launch TaiG jailbreak application as an Administrator while your iOS device is connected to the PC. Right-click on the TaiG exe and select 'Run as Administrator' from the drop down menu
Step-6: TaiG will take some time to detect your iOS device. It will display your device and the iOS firmware version. Uncheck 3K Assistant 2.3.0 (can be seen below Cydia 1.1.16)
When it shows the correct firmware version, deselect TaiG App Store (in Chinese), can be found below Cydia 1.1.16
Step-7: Click Start button to jailbreak. You should see a circular progress bar. Wait patiently for the process to complete
Step-8: When the jailbreak is completed, your device will reboot automatically. A message will appear saying jailbreak is successful. You should see the Cydia icon on your device's home screen
After the jailbreak is completed, re-enable the Passcode and Find My iPhone features.