A police manhunt is in full operation after three teenage girls were wounded, one critically, by a drive-by shooting in West London Thursday night.
The victims aged 17,18 and 19, were being treated in hospital after the attack took place outside an address in North Kensington, just one mile from where David Cameron used to live before he moved into Downing Street.
An investigation is being led by Operation Trident detectives who deal with gang crime in the black community. Scotland Yard has confirmed that the teenagers were taken to hospital after the incident outside a property on John Fearon Walk. One victim was initially critical, but her condition improved.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said the 18-year-old was treated for gunshot wounds at the scene.
"She was taken to hospital as a priority, escorted by the air ambulance doctor," she said. "Two further patients reported to be female teenagers with gunshot wounds made their own way to hospital."
"Our staff treated one patient, reported to be an 18-year-old female, for gunshot wounds. She was taken to hospital as a priority and escorted by ambulance. Two further patients who were also wounded made their own way to hospital," she added.
Karen Buck, MP for Regent's Park and North Kensington, who had warned about deep cuts to community safety budgets earlier this year, tweeted: "On Mozart Estate after reports of 3 girls being shot." The Labour politician has previously called for crackdowns on knife and gun crime.
"Desperately worried about local gang and youth violence. We have to get a grip," the tweet added.
Community leaders have made several attempts to make the area safer in recent years.
Anyone who saw the shooting or has any information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, 0800 555111.