The country is battling to rein in a bulging government debt that will reach 125% of GDP this year. Policymakers are hoping to reduce the domestic shortfall from 12.7% last year to less than 3% by 2012. To hit the targets, the Greek government plans to freeze civil servant pay, introduce taxes on wealthy estates, and increase tobacco and alcohol levies by 20%.
- RBS Fined Over Hong Kong Rogue Trader Failings
- New Heathrow Terminal 2: First Glimpse of Spacious Inside and Slipstream Sculpture by Richard Wilson
- US: Accused Killer Jeffrey Chapman Wants 'Murder' Neck Tattoo Removed Before Trial
- Undertaker Death Hoax: The WWE Wrestler Found Dead, Fans Tweet in Shock
- Google Nexus 8 to be Built by HTC: New Nexus Tablet Expected in Q3 2014