An electric car is an alternative fuel automobile that is propeled by electric motors and motor controllers, in place of more common propulsion methods such as the internal combustion engine (ICE). Electric cars are specifically a variety of electric vehicle created or adapted for use on the road. They are commonly powered by on-board battery packs, and as such are battery electric vehicles (BEVs). Other on-board energy storage methods that are expected to come into use in the future include ultracapacitors, fuel cells, and a spinning flywheel which stores kinetic energy.
- Easter 2014: Best Quotes and Poems to Commemorate the Resurrection of Jesus
- Undertaker Death Hoax: The WWE Wrestler Found Dead, Fans Tweet in Shock
- HMRC to Sell UK Taxpayers' Data to Private Firms
- Research Finds 'Fundamental Mistrust' of Bitcoin Among UK Consumers
- Bill Gates Criticised for Investment in G4S' Israel Torture Prisons