Investment is putting money into something with the hope of profit. More specifically, investment is the commitment of money or capital to the purchase of financial instruments or other assets so as to gain profitable returns in the form of interest, income (dividends), or appreciation (capital gains) of the value of the instrument. It is related to saving or deferring consumption. Investment is involved in many areas of the economy, such as business management and finance no matter for households, firms, or governments. An investment involves the choice by an individual or an organization, such as a pension fund, after some analysis or thought, to place or lend money in a vehicle, instrument or asset, such as property, commodity, stock, bond, financial derivatives (e.g. futures or options), or the foreign asset denominated in foreign currency, that has certain level of risk and provides the possibility of generating returns over a period of time.
- Did Terrorist Attack Bring Down Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370?
- Was Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer Fired Instead of Retired?
- Former Jefferies Trader Jesse Litvak Convicted of Defrauding Investors
- Anonymous Letter Alleges Islamist Plot To Take Over Birmingham Schools
- Liverpool Prepare £15m Bid for Ajax Winger Viktor Fischer - Report