Android is a software stack for mobile devices that includes an operating system, middleware and key applications. Google Inc. purchased the initial developer of the software, Android Inc., in 2005. Android's mobile operating system is based on a modified version of the Linux kernel. Google and other members of the Open Handset Alliance collaborated on Android's development and release. The Android Open Source Project (AOSP) is tasked with the maintenance and further development of Android. The Android operating system is the world's best-selling Smartphone platform.
- Anonymous' Airchat Aims to Allow Communication Without Needing Phone or Internet Access
- Ukraine Crisis: EU Eyes Banning Crimea Banks' Financial Deals
- Manchester United Prepare Lucrative Deal in Signing Barcelona Star Lionel Messi - Report
- Amir Khan Hoping to Force Floyd Mayweather Fight With Luis Collazo Victory
- German Bribery Conviction Could See Ecclestone and Daimler Exit F1