Android is a software stack for mobile devices that includes an operating system, middleware and key applications. Google Inc. purchased the initial developer of the software, Android Inc., in 2005. Android's mobile operating system is based on a modified version of the Linux kernel. Google and other members of the Open Handset Alliance collaborated on Android's development and release. The Android Open Source Project (AOSP) is tasked with the maintenance and further development of Android. The Android operating system is the world's best-selling Smartphone platform.
- Scottish Independence: SNP's Alex Salmond Slams Britain for 'Disrespecting' Scottish Parliament Over Nuclear Leak
- Jennifer Lawrence's Boyfriend Nicholas Hoult on Her Stardom: "I'm Just a Bystander"
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 and Other Plane Crash Conspiracy Theories
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 Leaked Ahead of Release: Download Links Available
- Kiefer Sutherland Spotted Shooting Scenes from 24:Live Another Day in London