The former Portuguese PM was ahead of Danilo Turk of Slovenia and Irina Bokova of Bulgaria.
- Muslim community refuses to bury jihadist who murdered French Catholic priest Jacques Hamel
- Girl, 14, cuts her brother's girlfriend's throat and tells her 'Have a nice afterlife'
- Zimbabwe: Tajamuka campaign to file application to probe Mugabe's capacity to rule nation
- Former Brazilian president Lula charged in Petrobras corruption probe
- Pope Francis visits Auschwitz-Birkenau, the former Nazi death camp