Britney Jean Spears (born December 2, 1981) is an American recording artist and entertainer. Born in McComb, Mississippi and raised in Kentwood, Louisiana, Spears began performing as a child, landing acting roles in stage productions and television shows. She signed with Jive Records in 1997 and released her debut album ...Baby One More Time in 1999. During her first decade within the music industry, she became a prominent figure in mainstream popular music and popular culture, followed by a much-publicized personal life. Her first two albums established her as a pop icon and broke sales records, while title tracks "...Baby One More Time" and "Oops!... I Did It Again" became international number-one hits. Spears was credited with influencing the revival of teen pop during the late 1990s.
People's Choice Awards 2014: Sandra Bullock, Leonardo DiCaprio, Britney Spears Among Winners [Complete List]
Michael Jackson Lawsuit Labels Britney Spears, George Michael, Whitney Houston, Aerosmith Hardcore Drug Abusers
- Manchester United Scores Sponsors Despite Moyes Sacking and Dismal Season
- Undertaker Death Hoax: The WWE Wrestler Found Dead, Fans Tweet in Shock
- US: Accused Killer Jeffrey Chapman Wants 'Murder' Neck Tattoo Removed Before Trial
- Improve Online Privacy With 'Tails': the OS Edward Snowden Used to Evade the NSA
- Tsunami Warning as 7.8 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Papua New Guinea