New York ( /njuː ˈjɔrk/; locally [nɪu ˈjoək] or [nuː ˈjɔrk]( listen)) is a state in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern regions of the United States and is the nation's third most populous. The state is bordered by New Jersey and Pennsylvania to the south, and Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont to the east.
New York City, which is geographically the largest city in the state and most populous in the United States, is known for its history as a gateway for immigration to the United States and its status as a financial, cultural, transportation, and manufacturing center.
Knight Frank Wealth Report: London and New York Remain Favourite Cities of Ultra-Rich for Next Decade
- Passover 2014: History Behind Jewish Festival Pesach
- Governments will Kill Bitcoin by 'Taxing it to Death'
- Manchester United Target Double Swoop in Signing Luke Shaw and Marco Reus - Report
- Second Cannibal Brother Arrested for Eating Head of Newborn in Pakistan
- Casual Marijuana Use 'Changes Shape of Brain Region Affecting Motivation and Emotion'