Android is a software stack for mobile devices that includes an operating system, middleware and key applications. Google Inc. purchased the initial developer of the software, Android Inc., in 2005. Android's mobile operating system is based on a modified version of the Linux kernel. Google and other members of the Open Handset Alliance collaborated on Android's development and release. The Android Open Source Project (AOSP) is tasked with the maintenance and further development of Android. The Android operating system is the world's best-selling Smartphone platform.
- Ofgem to Investigate British Gas over Sales Staff Bonuses
- Easter 2014: Best Quotes and Poems to Commemorate the Resurrection of Jesus
- Romanian Teenager Uses Facebook to Save Stray Dogs
- Bill Gates Criticised for Investment in G4S' Israel Torture Prisons
- EU Agrees to Gas Crisis Talks with Russia and Ukraine