Android is a software stack for mobile devices that includes an operating system, middleware and key applications. Google Inc. purchased the initial developer of the software, Android Inc., in 2005. Android's mobile operating system is based on a modified version of the Linux kernel. Google and other members of the Open Handset Alliance collaborated on Android's development and release. The Android Open Source Project (AOSP) is tasked with the maintenance and further development of Android. The Android operating system is the world's best-selling Smartphone platform.
- German Bribery Conviction Could See Ecclestone and Daimler Exit F1
- Groups Claim Chemicals Used in Apple/Samsung Factories Cause Cancer Deaths
- Google Nexus 8 to be Built by HTC: New Nexus Tablet Expected in Q3 2014
- IIFA Awards 2014: Shahrukh Khan to Shake a Leg With John Travolta?
- GTA 5: Reasons for Delaying 1.13 Update and Most Likely Release Dates for High-Life and Heists DLCs