Android is a software stack for mobile devices that includes an operating system, middleware and key applications. Google Inc. purchased the initial developer of the software, Android Inc., in 2005. Android's mobile operating system is based on a modified version of the Linux kernel. Google and other members of the Open Handset Alliance collaborated on Android's development and release. The Android Open Source Project (AOSP) is tasked with the maintenance and further development of Android. The Android operating system is the world's best-selling Smartphone platform.
- Julian Assange to SXSW: Expect New Leaks and Stop NSA's Domination of Internet
- Amir Khan Will Not Fight Adrien Broner on Mayweather-Maidana Undercard, Hunter Confirms
- Formula 1 Calendar 2014: Dates, Races and Timings
- Owen Farrell's Perfect Practice Shows England's Footballers a Successful Formula
- Bitcoin Miner Earning $8 Million a Month