The country is battling to rein in a bulging government debt that will reach 125% of GDP this year. Policymakers are hoping to reduce the domestic shortfall from 12.7% last year to less than 3% by 2012. To hit the targets, the Greek government plans to freeze civil servant pay, introduce taxes on wealthy estates, and increase tobacco and alcohol levies by 20%.
- GTA 5 DLC: Release Date Details for 1.13 Patch, High-Life and Heists DLCs Revealed
- Soil Frozen For 2.7 Million Years Shows 'Greenland Was Green'
- Bill Gates Criticised for Investment in G4S' Israel Torture Prisons
- Robert Pattinson Hooking up With Fifty Shades of Grey Actress Rita Ora?
- Reverse Heartbleed: Individual Users Left Vulnerable to new OpenSSL Attack