Tottenham Hotspur are planning an approach for non-league striker and Liverpool target Daniel Carr at the end of the season, according to the Express. The 18-year-old, who plays for south London side Dulwich Hamlet, was handed a trial by the Merseyside club earlier this month.

Daniel Carr

The striker has been in impressive form, scoring 24 goals in 25 appearances this season. The report suggests Spurs scouts were in the stands to watch the youngster during Dulwich's tie against Hythe Town on Saturday. Andre Villas-Boas is now keeping tabs on Carr as he considers tabling an offer at the end of the season.

Chelsea and Spurs' north London rivals Arsenal are also understood to be interested in landing the forward. Dulwich manager Gavin Rose had earlier revealed the Gunners, the Blues and Liverpool are all keen on the youngster.

"Arsenal and Chelsea want him in, which is feasible for us as he would still be able to play for us. The interest from Liverpool is firm, but that is quite similar with the London clubs," Rose said.

With Spurs now joining the race for Carr's signature, an interesting battle among the top Premier League clubs for the non-league striker can be expected.

Graham: Spurs will Miss Top Four

Andre Villas Boas

Meanwhile, former Spurs manager George Graham feels the north London club will not finish the season in the top four. AVB's side are currently fourth in the league table, with 54 points from 30 games, leading Arsenal by four points. However, the Gunners still have a game in hand.

"Tottenham will be the ones to lose out. They have a difficult run-in and they have played a game more than the others. [Arsenal] have recovered of late and it would ­appear they have the easiest programme to come. But I want to stress that it would be anything but a disaster for Tottenham or make it a poor ­season. In fact, I would say the opposite," Graham said.