Fulham face Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane in the two teams' final Premier League game of the season on Sunday. The Spurs will be keener on winning this match than The Cottagers because they are in a strong position to qualify for next season's UEFA Champions League.
Harry Redknapp's side, who have had a bitter-sweet season, are hot in the race along with Arsenal and Newcastle United to pursue a Champions League position next season. The Spurs, who are currently in the fourth position in the Premier League, will qualify for the Champions League next season if the Gunners and the Magpies falter in their respective final league games against West Bromwich Albion and Everton.
If Arsenal win then the Spurs will have to battle Newcastle for the fourth position, which may not be good enough if Chelsea win the Champions League this season. So, apart from winning Sunday's derby against Fulham, Redknapp's side will be also desperately hoping for an Arsenal goof-up.
Fulham, who are currently placed in the ninth position just below Liverpool (on goal differences), will be only looking to better their position in the Premier League. The Cottagers, who have registered five wins, one draw and one loss in their last seven Premier League games, will definitely be putting up a good fight with the Spurs in their final game of the season.
Apart from the long term injuries of Niko Kranjcar, Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone, Tottenham will be missing out on the services of Assou-Ekotto, who is sidelined due to a dislocated shoulder.
Midfielder Scott Parker and left-back Ledley King are both doubtful for this game as they are still recovering from an Achilles and knee injury respectively.
Defender Danny Rose will also be missing out in this game due to a suspension following a red card in the Spurs previous game against Aston Villa.
Fulham, on the other hand, have been plagued by the injuries of Zdeněk Grygera, Bryan Ruiz, Steve Sidwell, Simon Davies , Dickson Etuhu in this match.
Apart from this, the Cottagers will especially miss their influential American midfielder Clint Dempsey, who has been ruled out due to a groin injury.
- Fulham have not been able to score against the Spurs in the two teams' last seven encounters.
- If Fulham manage to win this game and Everton and Liverpool manage to lose theirs then they will finish at the seventh position for a first time.
- Fulham are also just one point away from equalling their highest premier league points tally of 53, which they achieved in the 2008/2009 season under West Brom boss Roy Hodgson.
- Nine Tottenham players have got more than five bookings this season, the maximum in the Premier League this season.
- Tottenham have only managed to win 3 out of their last 12 Premier League fixtures.
Tottenham: Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, King, Gallas; Lennon, Modric, Sandro, Bale; Van Der Vaart, Adebayor.
Fulham: Schwarzer; Kelly, Jangeland, Hughes, J Riise; Duff, Dembele, Diarra, Murphy; Pogrebnyak, Johnson.