Tottenham midfielder Moussa Dembele has quashed recent reports in Italy linking him with a January move to Napoli. The Belgium international says that he has no idea about the Serie A interest in securing his services while claiming he only thinks about Spurs.
Dembele moved to Spurs from Fulham for around £15m ($23.1m) in the summer of 2012 to fill the gap left by the departure of Luka Modric to Real Madrid. But having since failed to replicate his form at Craven Cottage, his future at White Hart Lane has been under scrutiny in recent times.
Dembele said earlier this season that he was determined to prove his worth in the new campaign under Pochettino, but has eventually seen his playing time restricted due to some fitness problems and following the emergence of Dele Alli.
Italian newspaper TuttoSport recently reported that Napoli were ready to take advantage of the situation to lure the Belgium to the Serie A during the January transfer window, claiming the club were preparing to launch a €14m (£10.2m) bid to temp Spurs to part ways with the player.
But asked about those reports during an interview with Dhnet, Dembele said: "Each season emerge many rumours about my possible move. Now there is Napoli, but I know nothing and my agent told me nothing about this. I'm a Tottenham player and I only think to Spurs."
Meanwhile, speaking to the club website ahead of the Europe League game against Anderlecht on Thursday (22 October), the versatile midfielder has warned Spurs to don't take anything for granted in the trip to his homeland as his compatriots will be very motivated to beat a Premier League side.
"When they play against big teams Anderlecht are motivated and eager to show how good they are," Dembele said. "And if they are motivated, they can win against any team. We will not underestimate them, for sure."
"They have players who want to do well against Premier League teams so it will be tough for us, but we can be confident and we need to try and win this game."