Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger explained his side's loss of confidence for their 3-0 defeat away to Everton last week, as the Gunners seek to get their unraveling season back on track with victory over Wigan in the FA Cup semi final this weekend.
The Gunners had the opportunity to play twice at the stadium after the rebuilding was completed in 2007. The first one was at this very stage of the competition in 2009 against Chelsea which ended in a 2-1 defeat.
Their next game at this ground too bore the same outcome with the exact scoreline as Arsenal suffered a shock defeat at the hands of Birmingham City in the 2011 League Cup final.
However, the north Londoners have witnessed successes at Wembley in the past, winning the FA Cup for the first time under Wenger's managerial reign in 1998.
- Arsenal Star Questions Players' Commitment After Everton Setback
- Arsene Wenger Hopes Past Glory Can Spur Arsenal to FA Cup Victory
- Robbie Savage: Arsene Wenger Must Go if Arsenal's Trophy Drought Continues
- Arsenal Star Admits No Fear About Championship Wigan
- Cazorla Hints At Exit If Arsenal Fail To Win Trophies