President Barack Obama warned the killers of Steven Sotloff that 'justice will be served', as US officials confirmed that a video showing the American journalist's execution is authentic.
Islamic State jihadists released footage showing Sotloff, a 31-year-old freelance journalist abducted in Syria last year, being beheaded by a masked militant.
"The prayers of the American people are with the family of a devoted and courageous journalist Steven Sotloff," Obama said speaking in Estonia.
- Video Appears to Show Isis Beheading of US Journalist
- Beheaded Journalist was 'Israeli Citizen'
- Childhood Friend Recalls US Journalist 'Compelled to Put a Human Face on War Stories'
- Cameron Calls Cobra Meeting as Isis Threaten to Execute British Captive
- Social Media Campaign to Refuse to Share Video Goes Viral