HTC has essentially made a rod for its own back with the success of the original HTC One. It won so many awards last year I imagine HTC had to build a new wing at its headquarters in Taiwan to hold them all.
That meant the anticipation around the launch the updated HTC One meant it was never really going to live up to expectation, and no matter how well it sells it is not going to solve HTC's financial problems on its own.
But is this bigger, more powerful, louder HTC One better than last year's model? And more importantly, is it better than the Sony Xperia Z2, the Samsung Galaxy S5 and whatever Apple launched later this year?
Music courtesy of danosongs.com
- HTC One M8 Just the Beginning for Struggling Smartphone Maker
- HTC One M8 Mini and M8 Ace in the Cards
- HTC One M8: Protective Cases and Covers Surface Online, Price Revealed
- HTC One (M8) Video Drop Test, Scratch Test With Knives and Hammers Plus a Water Resistance Check
- HTC One M8 Battery Life Benchmarks: Performance on Par with Galaxy Note 3 and Excellent Endurance Rating
- HTC One M8: Best UK Deals