HTC One X+ users can now unlock the bootloader on their device using a new method, thanks to the efforts of XDA member shubhamchamaria. If you'd like to unlock the bootloader on your device, follow this tutorial.
However, IBTimes UK warns its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. We also caution users to make a complete data back-up before proceeding with this guide.
To Unlock the Bootloader on HTC One X+
- Create a new folder in the root of the C: drive on your computer and name it Fastboot
- Extract the contents of the zip file downloaded in Step 2 to the Fastboot folder you created in Step 3
- Go to HTC Bootloader Unlock section and sign in
- On the Bootloader Unlock page, choose All Other Supported Models option and then select Begin Unlock Bootloader
- Switch off the phone and press the Volume Down + Power keys to enter Hboot or bootloader mode
- Select the Fastboot mode
- Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable and open command prompt
- Now, change the directory to the folder where you have set up fastboot in Step 3 - i.e., C:fastboot
- Type the following command and press Enter
- Fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- You will now see a block of text. Right-click anywhere on the command prompt, select mark, highlight and copy the text
- Go to HTCDev page and paste the text in the text box under the section MyDevice Identifier Token and press the Submit button
- You will now receive an e-mail from HTCDev that contains a unique Unlock_code bin file. Download and save the file in the fastboot loader
- Go back to the command prompt and type the following command:
- Fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- You will notice the display change to a disclaimer on your phone. Choose Yes
Your phone will reboot now and the bootloader is unlocked.
[Source: The Android Soul]