The Asus Transformer Pad TF300T can now be updated to Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) with the latest CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) final ROM. CyanogenMod 10 has managed to bring the new version of Android to a plethora of smartphones and tablets.
Users looking to install CM10 final can check out this tutorial.
Disclaimer: The ROM and the guide below are compatible only with the Asus Transformer Pad TF300T. IBTimes UK reminds users to proceed at their own risk and we will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- Install the USB drivers for the Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
- Enable USB debugging mode
- Your device should be left with minimum of 80 per cent battery
- Ensure you have backed up all the data
- Your device should be factory unlocked and has ClockworkMod recovery installed
To install Android 4.1.2 CM10 Jelly Bean custom firmware on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T:
- Download Android 4.1.2 CM10 ROM and Google Apps
- Connect and mount your device's USB memory to the PC using USB cable
- Copy both downloaded zip files to the device's SD card
- Switch off the device and unplug from USB cable
- Enter Bootloader mode. To do so, turn on the device and keep holding Volume Down and Power buttons
- In CWM recovery, wipe data first. Now, scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD Card
- Select Choose Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to and choose the Android 4.1.2 ROM file. Tap on Yes to confirm the installation
- Repeat above step to install Google Apps as well
- After installation completes, go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing Reboot System Now
[Source: Team Android]