Samsung has just released a new Android 4.4.2 KitKat build with base firmware N9005XXUENB7 for the LTE variant of Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005). Freshly build on February 27, the KitKat firmware is now available for the Note 3 users in Germany.
Version: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Build date: February 27
The N9005XXUENB7 build is available as OTA update and through Samsung Kies server.
Users, who are staying outside Germany and failed to update their Galaxy Note 3 following either of the official methods for being region specific and wish to install the firmware manually, may follow our step-by-step guide.
Note that N9005XXUENB7 build is an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed on any unlocked SM-9005 unit, regardless of country and region.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Before installing the official firmware, users are advised to verify their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> About phone. Tap on Build Number several times until a message appears saying 'You are now a Developer.' Now enable USB Debugging Mode by navigating to Settings>> Developer Options.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM or, TWRP installed then backup data using the recovery.
4) If the Android device powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy Note should have above 80% battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, the custom recovery will be replaced by stock version.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
8) N9005XXUENB7 Android 4.4 2 KitKat firmware works only with LTE version of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Note 3 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
How to install N9005XXUENB7 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Note 3 LTE (SM-N9005)
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with other files
Step-2: Extract Odin zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe
Step-3: Switch off Galaxy Note 3
Step-4: Boot the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on the phone screen. Press the Volume Up button to continue to enter Download Mode
Step-5: Run Odin on computer as an Administrator
Step-6: Connect the Note 3 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully an Added message will appear under Odin. Also, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number, indicating successful connection
Note: If the Added message does not display then try re-installing USB drivers or, changing USB port on the computer.
Step-7: Select these files extracted from N9005XXUENB7 folder
a) Click the PDA button and select the file with .tar.md5 extension
b) Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps (step-b, c and d) if such files do not exist.
Step-8: Verify Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Uncheck Re-Partition option and select it only when a .pit file is used
Step-9: Click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically and soon a PASS message with green background will appear in the extreme left box at the very top of Odin. Unplug the USB cable safely from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
The N9005XXUENB7 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware should now be installed on the Galaxy Note 3. Navigate to Settings>> About phone to verify the new software version running on the handset.
Users, who have already installed latest KitKat firmware and currently looking for a root method, may follow our step-by-step guide to root Galaxy Note 3 N900/N9005 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat and install CWM recovery.
How to Fix Bootloop Issue
After flashing the firmware, if the Galaxy Note 3 gets stuck at boot animation or bootloop (after step-10), place the device into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together.
In recovery mode, perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe data/factory reset then select Wipe Cache Partition. Now reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option. Note that performing wiping task will erase the phone's internal memory data.
[Source: Honai of Android]