Owners of Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900) are in for a special treat, as the industrious XDA Developers senior member, hiepgia, has recently uploaded the leaked beta build of Android 5.0 Lollipop Over-The-Air (OTA) update for the smartphone online.
The leaked OTA reportedly surfaced online via some Vietnamese official firmware for the smartphone that was last seen, just a few days ago.
Interested users can go ahead and install the leaked beta build of Android 5.0 OTA update on their Galaxy Note 3, using the step-by-step guide provided below.
IBTimes UK reminds readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Install the correct USB drivers for your Note 3 from here
- Back up important data and settings on your device via CWM or TWRP recovery
- Enable USB debugging mode on the device via Settings > Developer options
- Ensure the device has at least 80% battery charge before you proceed
- Your Galaxy Note 3 must be SIM unlocked, bootloader unlocked and rooted with CWM or TWRP recovery
- The instructions provided in this tutorial are meant for Galaxy Note 3 with model number SM-N900 only. Do not attempt installing this firmware on any other device, else it may permanently damage or brick the device
Steps to update Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900) to Android 5.0 Lollipop via leaked OTA beta build
- Flash TWRP recovery via ODIN
- Boot into TWRP recovery and create a backup.
- Copy unzipped file at /twrp/4d00279c40989079/2014-12-18--00-18-21 LRX21V.N900XXUEBNL4 to phone /twrp/xxxxxx/2014-12-18--00-18-21 LRX21V.N900XXUEBNL4 where xxxxxx is unique generated for your device
- Boot into TWRP recovery and perform data Wipe via Swipe to Factory Reset
- Return to TWRP Home screen, select Restore and then choose the file "2014-12-18--00-18-21 LRX21V.N900XXUEBNL4"
- Select everything to restore
- Once Restore is finished, return to TWRP Home screen and hit Reboot and get into Download Mode
- Flash Bootloader 5.0 (without Auto Reboot) then pull out battery and re-enter download mode
- Flash stock recovery (with auto reboot)
- First boot will take 5-10 mins
Older (Alternative) Method
1. Flash stock N900XXUENJ3. Let it boot (if you are stock, skip this)
1.1. Copy update.zip (file you download and unzip with password) to your device and external sdcard
1.2. Download and copy SuperSu-2.40.zip to your device (for root it)
2. Flash TWRP 18.104.22.168
3. Flash update.zip
3.1. Flash SuperSu
4. Don't reboot. Return TWRP Home -> Reboot -> Download
5. In Download mode flash Stock Recovery you downloaded
Extra Steps (if you got a black screen)
6. Use Vol up + Home + Power enter Stock Recovery
7. Apply Update from External Storage and select update.zip