The latest version of Biftor SlimKat custom build featuring Android 4.4.4 firmware is now available for the Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100). The ROM is claimed to offer fast, smooth and stable performance without harming the battery life of the device. It includes several multimedia features and tons of customisations.
Biftor SlimKat changelog
- Fully Compiled From Latest Slim Kat Soure Android Open Source(AOSP) 28/08/2014(Slim BUILD 7.6)
- All Biftor Features Will Port just i need time, just waiting
- Ported: Clear all Recent Button in Recent app panel
- Ported: Biftor Left StatusBar Clock
- Added Phone Headers Custom Text Label
- Added Phone App Headers Custom Text Label
- Added Biftor Rom Control app
- Added all Reboot method (Hot boot,Reboot,Recovery and download)
- Added hardware buttons customisation (short press,long press and double tab)
- Added menu to unlock
- Added USB settings for mass storage and mtp
- Added All Phone Colors in one option you can change all phone colors with one colors picker
- Added RANDOM COLOR PICKER
- Added RANDOM COLOR PICKER With Time PICKER in my Rom Control
- Added RANDOM COLORS Settings and TIME PICKERS to Biftor Rom Control
- Added Download Speed in Drop Down Notification
- Added SlimPie
- Wallpaper Picker for StatusBar BG and Drop Down Header You Can Set That From Biftor Rom Control
- Added Wallpaper Picker in my Rom Control
- Added General UI Color Picker
- Added Enable Extra StatusBar Colors Switch,If You Want Set Others Color to each elements Check That,Else You Can Set Color of All Elements From RANDOM COLORS Or ALL PHONE Colors Picker
- Added Drop Down Notification BG Type (Stock Aosp BG or Color Picker)
- Added BACK UP and RESTORE Option in Biftor Rom Control
- Added Drop Down Close Drag Handle BG Customization You Can Set Stock Bg,Color and Custom image From General UI Colors Picker
- Added Header Clock and Date Short and Long Click able Actions You can set that to custom app,custom activity,Alarm,Calender
- Added All new Colors Picker Elements to My Random Colors And All Colors Elements Except Backgrounds,if you want Change Colors of each elements you Should Check "Enable General UI Extra Color" and set your Colors for each one
- REMOVED Restart Status bar require for BG and Image Pickers Change immediately Great work
- Fixed Drop Down Header Bg Color
- Added Drop Down Header Reminder option
- Added LCD Density Picker to my Settings and my Rom Control
- Fixed my Settings Wifi and Bluetooth Switch
- Application BG Customization Select BG Image (your Image),Color or Stock(for settings or same settings apps)
- Added Switch for use that toggle for all Application
- Added My Quick Lunch Panel 20 Toggle or Shortcut With Real App Icon
- Toggle for Enable or Disable For Quick Lunch Panel
- Added My Quick Lunch Panel to Swipe Panel and removed view from expanded panel
- Added Toggle for Enable or Disable Collapse Panel after Tab On Each Shortcuts
- Added Toggle for Enable or Disable Vibration after Tab On Each Shortcuts
- Added Toggle for Enable or Disable Auto Scroll Quick Launch Panel
- Added Shortcuts Icon Next to the Select Each Shortcuts picker in My Rom Control
- Added Ability to Change Signal And Battery Icon Location to Right/Left/Hide
- Added Ability to show or hide StatusBar Volume, Alarm and Bluetooth icon
- Added Auto Rom Update (if new version upload you will have notification for update)
- Fixed My Rom Control Summary of Shortcuts
- Added Slim Recent Great Work
- Fixed Google Play FC
- Fixed LCD Density in my Rom Control
Head over to the source thread to know more about the Biftor SlimKat ROM based on AOSP.
Those who wish to experience the customisations and tweaks of Biftor SlimKat ROM on Galaxy S2, may follow the installation guide below.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Before following the installation guide, users are advised to verify their devices meet following requirements.
- Install USB Drivers for Galaxy S2 to transfer files between the Android device and the computer.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> About phone. Tap on Build Number several times until a message appears saying 'You are now a Developer.' Now enable USB Debugging Mode by navigating to Settings>> Developer Options.]
- As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recovery such as ClockworkMod or, TWRP then backup data using the same.
- If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery during the process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy S2 should have charge above 80% battery charge.
- The phone should be rooted and have latest version of ClockworkMod recovery.
- Android 4.4.4 Biftor SlimKat ROM works only with Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. As applying this to any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number of S2 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
- After flashing the ROM if the device gets stuck on Booting animation or experience boot loop then perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache for a few times before rebooting the device.
- Once the ROM is installed, users are advised to give 10 minutes to the ROM after the device boots up for the first time for better user experience.
How to install Android 4.4.4 KitKat on Galaxy S2 I9100 via Biftor SlimKat ROM
Step-1: Connect and mount Galaxy S2 USB memory on the computer using USB cable. Now copy the downloaded zip file to the SD card of the phone. Ensure the file is in the SD card root, not in any folder
Step-2: Unplug the USB cable from the phone and switch it off
Step-3: Boot the phone into CWM recovery mode. Turn the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
Step-4: In recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe data/ factory reset. Use the Power button to select while in Recovery Mode
Step-5: Perform a cache wipe by selecting wipe cache partition
Step-6: Perform a wipe of dalvik cache. This is optional but users are recommended to do this, so that the device will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to advanced then select wipe dalvik cache
Step-7: Return to the main recovery menu and select install zip from sdcard
Step-8: Select choose zip from sdcard. Using the Volume keys navigate to Android 4.4.4 ROM zip, which was earlier copied to the Phone's SD card. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen
Step-9: When the installation process is completed, go to +++++Go Back +++++ and reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. The phone will take about five minutes to boot on the first time
The Biftor SlimKat ROM featuring Android 4.4.4 firmware should now be running on the Galaxy S2.
[Source: Team Android]