The official Samsung Android 4.1.2 XXDLL7 (Jelly Bean) update for the Galaxy Note 2 is available for users in France either as an Over the Air (OTA) transfer or through Samsung Kies. This Jelly Bean firmware reportedly fixes the death bug in Samsung Galaxy devices and can also be installed using the Odin software.
Since the firmware is completely unbranded, it can be installed on any unlocked Galaxy Note 2 (except those in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong). Although the firmware was officially released in France, it is supported across several other European countries such as Austria, Belgium, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom.
- Ensure appropriate USB drivers have been installed on the computer (download here)
- Ensure all data is backed-up
- Enable USB debugging mode (to do so, navigate to Settings > Applications > Development (if device is running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) or earlier), else go to Settings > Developer Options (if running Android 4.0 or later)
- Ensure tablet has at least 85 percent battery charge
- Download XXDLL7 Android 4.1.2 official firmware and extract contents of zip file
- Download Odin v1.85
To Update Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) to XXDLL7 Android 4.1.2 Official Firmware
- Power off phone and boot into Download mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down and Home and then tap Power until Samsung logo or red and yellow text appears on screen)
- Launch Odin on computer and connect phone while it is still in Download Mode (a successful connection is indicated by an ID:COM box turning yellow with the corresponding port number; this may take some time)
- Install these files, in the same order. These files are extracted from XXDLL7 firmware
- Click PDA and choose file named Code
- Click Phone and choose file named Modem
- Click CSC and choose file named CSC
- Click PIT and choose .pit file
- Note: Ignore last three steps if such files do not exist
- In Odin, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time; Re-Partition option must be checked Only if a .pit file is selected
- Click Start in Odin to begin installation (this may take some time)
- After installation, phone will reboot (disconnect device only after Home screen appears)
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is now updated to XXDLL7 Android 4.1.2 official firmware. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify.
[Source: Team Android]