Recognised XDA developer LlabTooFeR has confirmed the availability of his heavily customised MaximusHD ROM (version 50.0.0) for HTC's first generation One series flagship smartphone. The updated version of the MaximusHD ROM is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, Sense version 6.0 and build number LRX22F.
Considered as one of the best custom ROMs, the MaximusHD is quite fast and stable with noticeable battery performance. Besides, the ROM has been tweaked to offer optimum performance. After installing the custom firmware, users will not have to root it as it is already rooted. Apart from this, it features Google Material Design and several improvements for camera and battery.
Maximus HD system information
- Based on HTC One 7.15.401.1
- Android 5.0.2 (LRX22F)
- Sense 6.0
- Amazing battery life
- Fast and Stable
- Tweaked for Best Performance
- OTA Updates
- Auto-Kernel Flash
- OpenGL ES 3.0
- Aroma Multi-Language Setup (Supports 24languages now)
- Option to remove unneeded apps
- Option to install additional mods
- Support of init.d
- Always newest ROM bases
Maximus HD version 50.0.0 changelog
- Based on 7.15.401.1
- Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Updated Kernel
- Updated OEM Apps
- Material Design
- Project "Volta"
- Added New Camera Modes
- Added Settings Search
- Added Easy Mode
- Replaced HTC Notes with HTC Scribble
- Recent apps: Multiple Pages Support
- Reworked Installation Scripts
- Overall Performance Improvements
- Audio improvements
- Camera improvements
- Battery improvements
- Reworked Aroma Scripts
If you want to update your HTC One M7 with the MaximusHD ROM featuring Android 5.0.2 and Sense 6, head over to the following installation guide.
Points to remember
- Ensure that the bootloader of HTC One M7 should be unlocked or, have S-Off.
- The phone should be rooted and have latest custom recovery installed. It is recommended to flash TWRP recovery version 184.108.40.206 or, higher is required for a hassle-free installation process.
- Your HTC One M7 should be running firmware version 7.15.401.1 (S-Off only).
- The Android devices should have above 80% of battery charge.
- Create a Nandroid backup in recovery, which will help restoring the current set up if the Lollipop ROM does not work.
- Maximus HD ROM works only with HTC One M7. Installing this on any other variant might brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of your HTC One M7 before installing the custom ROM.
- As the custom ROM is under development, the device might get bug issues with the installation of the custom firmware.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any mishap with the device and the installation will be at your own risk.
How to install Android 5.0.2 and Sense 6.0 on HTC One M7 with MaximusHD ROM
Step-1: Download MaximusHD 50.0.0 custom ROM for your HTC One M7 on your PC
Step-2: Connect your One M7 to the PC using USB cable. Move the download file to the internal storage of the phone and remember the location
Step-3: Disconnect the phone from the computer. Enter it into bootloader mode by pressing and holding Power and Volume Down buttons together
Step-4: In recovery mode first perform a complete clean up, which is obligatory to install the ROM. Click wipe data/factory reset and also perform wipe system/data/cache/dalvik
Step-5: Once the process is completed, return to the recovery menu. Select install zip from sdcard>> choose zip from sdcard then browse to the location where you have copied the Maximus HD ROM to. Select it and confirm installation
Step-6: Go through the steps that Aroma installer gives
Step-7: After the installation process is completed, reboot the phone
Your HTC One M7 should now be updated with the MaximusHD ROM. Head over to Settings>> About phone to verify the new Android software version.