If you have not received HTC's stock Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OTA update on HTC One M7 yet, InsertCoin team brings you an opportunity to experience the stock build through its new custom release.
The team has issued an update to IntsertCoin 6.0.5 for the One M7 with base update to 7.19.401.2, the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop software build which was released for users in Europe last month.
Other key elements of the InsertCoin ROM include Sense 6 and Ambient Display from Android Lollipop, which shows notifications even when the screen is locked. The ROM, as its developer notes, is stable, smooth and bug-free.
InsertCoin M7 6.0.5 (svn r114)
- Updated base to 7.19.401.2
- Improved Sprint Support
- Enabled Ambient Display (if you run into issues disable it from Settings – Display)
- Added ATT and TMO US Support (ported from M8, untested)
Check out the installation guide if you want to update your HTC One M7 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop build 7.19.401.2 using the IntsertCoin M7 6.0.5.
Points to remember
- Create a backup of all your important data as this process might wipe out everything. You can do so using any custom recovery on your Android device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it to the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Go to Settings>> About phone. Scroll down to Build number, Tap seven times on the build number. The Developer options under Settings should appear now. You can now enable USB debugging mode.]
- Your HTC One M7 should have at least 80% battery. Due to lack of battery the phone might shut down during the process which in turn could damage the device.
- It should be rooted with the latest version of TWRP recovery installed.
- InsertCoin M7 6.0.5 ROM works with HTC One M7. As applying this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, check the model number of the smartphone by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number before flashing the ROM.
- After the ROM is installed, leave the device for at least 10 minutes, before using it, for a better user experience.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
Note: Ensure that ADB and Fastboot is configured on your PC.
How to InsertCoin M7 6.0.5 ROM with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop (7.19.401.2) on HTC One M7
Step-1: Download InsertCoin ROM for HTC One M7 on your PC
Download link: InsertCoin M7 6.0.5
Step-2: Connect and mount your HTC One USB memory on the PC via USB cable. Then move the downloaded file to the phone's storage and remember the location
Step-3: Transfer the boot.img file to the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory
Step-4: Switch off the phone
Step-5: Enter Bootloader mode. For this, power on the phone holding Volume Down and Power buttons together
Step-6: When the phone is in Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open a command prompt. Press Shift + Right click>> Open Command Prompt
Step-7: Execute the following commands and press Enter
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
Step-8: Type in the following command and press Enter
Step-9: Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select Bootloader then go to Recovery
Step-10: In recovery, perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe data/factory reset
Step-11: Perform cache wipe by selecting wipe cache partition
Step-12: Go to advanced and select wipe dalvik cache
Step-13: Return to the main recovery menu and select install zip from sdcard>> choose zip from sdcard and go to the folder where you have saved the InsertCoin ROM, select it and confirm installation
Step-14: When the installation is completed, select reboot system now to reboot the phone
You can now enjoy the latest InsertCoin ROM on your One M7 with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop build 7.19.401.2.
[Source: Team Android]