HTC One Max is yet to receive any official support for Lollipop updates from its maker, while the industrious CyanogenMod team has already unleashed its first official nightly build of CM12 ROM for Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update to appease its loyal fans.
Check out the developer source page to learn about the latest features ported into the new Android 5.0.2 build of Lollipop update.
Interested users who wish to try out the stock-like Lollipop experience on their smartphone may go ahead and install the highly-stable CM12 Nightly ROM for HTC One Max, using the step-by-step guide posted below.
IBTimes UK reminds readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after the ROM installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
Steps to Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on HTC One Max via Official CyanogenMod 12 Nightly ROM
- Ensure that your device is HTC One Max by verifying the device model number via Settings> About Phone. Do NOT flash this ROM on any other device as it may inadvertently brick or damage the device.
- Copy the CM12 ROM file "cm-12-20150122-NIGHTLY-t6.zip" and Gapps package file "gapps-lp-201411xx-signed.zip" to the device's internal storage and remember the location where you save it.
- Install a custom recovery (TWRP, CWM, etc) on your device.
- Boot into Recovery mode via adb or hardware buttons or use the QuickBoot app if your device is rooted.
- In recovery mode, back up data on your current ROM. If using TWRP, select Backup and perform a Swipe to Back Up from the bottom of the screen.
- Then select Wipe and do a Swipe to Factory Reset from the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main menu of TWRP recovery and select Install.
- Browse to the file where you saved the CM12 ROM zip file, select it and Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen. Now, wait until the flashing process completes.
- After the ROM is flashed, repeat step 8 to flash the Gapps package as well.
- Once both the files are flashed, return to recovery's Main menu and select Reboot > System.
[Source: Android Geeks]