Google has released Android 5.0.2 Lollipop over-the-air update for its 10in Nexus tablet codenamed mantaray, following the availability of the factory images last week. The new stock firmware moves the build number of the Nexus tablet from LRX22C to LRX22G.
If you have not received the OTA notification yet on your Nexus 10 tablet, you can flash the update directly using the OTA zip, which is now available. Check out the following step-by-step installation guide to manually update your Nexus 10 to Android 5.0.2 LRX22G Lollipop.
- Create a backup of all important data of the device using any custom recovery mode.
- Ensure that your Nexus tablet has above 80% battery.
- The bootloader of the device should be unlocked.
- Your Nexus 10 should be running the Android 5.0.1 LRX22C stock firmware to install the latest OTA update.
- The Android 5.0.2 OTA update used in this guide works with Nexus 10 only. Installing this OTA zip file on any incorrect variant could brick the device.
- This is stock Android 5.0.2 build LRX22G released by Google, not leaked firmware.
- IBTimes UK will not be available for any mishap with the device.
How to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop LRX22G OTA update on Nexus 10
Step-1: Download Android 5.0.2 OTA zip file for Nexus 10 on your PC
Download link: Android 5.0.2- mantaray LRX22G from LRX22C
Step-2: If your Nexus 10 is rooted with custom recovery installed, then do the following;
- Copy the OTA zip file to the internal storage of Nexus 10
- Reboot the tablet into recovery mode
- And install the zip file as you do for other flashable zip
Step-3: If your Nexus 10 is not rooted and running stock recovery, then do the following
Reboot the Nexus 9 in to recovery mode by holding Volume Down and Power buttons together for a few seconds. When you see the fastboot menu and Start, press Volume Up button for a few times until the Recovery appears on the screen. Now press Power button to enter recovery mode
Step-4: You should see an Android with a red exclamation mark on the screen. Press Volume Up and Power buttons together. You will be presented with a menu.
Select the second option from the menu which reads, apply update from adb
Step-5: Connect the Nexus 10 to the computer via USB cable
Ensure that you have the latest version of adb that supports the sideload command (If you don't download the Android SDK to ensure your adb is updated.)
Step-6: Open a command prompt (CMD in Windows, but regular shell if your system is running on Linux or Mac) in the same directory, where you have saved the downloaded zip file
Step-7: Execute the following command
- adb sideload d1cfa2f28756f80b70ab9b94f9fc9c4e0d190b34.signed-mantaray-LRX22G-from-LRX22C.d1cfa2f2.zip
You should see the progress bar going up to 100%
The update should now start installing on your Nexus tablet
Step-8: When the installation is reboot the tablet
Now your Nexus 10 should be running new Android 5.0.2 stock firmware. Head over to Settings>> About tablet to check the new Android version.
[Source: Android Police]