People in the United States are gearing up to celebrate American Independence Day on the fourth of July.
To mark the 239th Independence Day, IBTimes UK has compiled the top quotes from famous personalities to mark the occasion.
- "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." – George Washington
- "Where liberty dwells, there is my country." – Benjamin Franklin
- "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." – Abraham Lincoln
- "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." – Theodore Roosevelt
- "I look forward to an America that will not be afraid of grace and beauty." – John F. Kennedy
- "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day." – Thomas Jefferson
- "I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true." – Wendell L Wilkie
- "Freedom lies in being bold." – Robert Frost
- "Freedom is the open window through which pours the sunlight of the human spirit and human dignity." – Herbert Hoover
- "Happily for America, happily, we trust, for the whole human race, they pursued a new and more noble course. They accomplished a revolution which has no parallel in the annals of human society." – James Madison