Samsung Galaxy S2 users can now update their smartphone to Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) with the latest Vanilla RootBox firmware. XDA recognised contributor known as bajee11 has developed and released the new Vanilla RootBox custom ROM firmware for Galaxy S2. The firmware comes with AOKP features, cherry-picked fixes from CyanogenMod and OTA update. It supports HSPA+ and A2DP as well.
Check out the steps to install the RootBox Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware on Galaxy S2. The firmware and the procedure are only compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S2 with model number i9100.
Disclaimer: IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if you damage or brick your Galaxy S2. Interested users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The method will wipe away all the data in the device. To avoid data loss, make sure you back up all data
- Enable USB debugging by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- The device's battery should have at least 30 per cent charge
- Uninstall all the antivirus tools since it could interrupt the update process
- You need to have an external SD card with 1GB of free space in order to copy the custom ROM firmware package in the same
Take a look at the procedure below to update Galaxy S2 with RootBox Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware:
- Download RootBox Jelly Bean 4.1.2 custom Rom firmware and Google Apps package to your PC. Once you download, connect your phone to PC via USB cable and copy the downloaded files in your device
- Unplug the device from PC and switch off the phone so that the device can be entered into recovery mode. To do this, press and hold Volume Up + Home keys, while doing so turn on the device
- In recovery mode, choose wipe data/ factory reset and wipe cache partition
- Choose install zip from sd card > choose zip from internal sd card and then select the Root Box Jelly Bean custom ROM firmware and Gapps package
- After applying the update, choose Go Back option and reboot system now to reboot the device in normal mode
If the device enters boot loop sequence then re-insert the battery and try out the above method.
Your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9000 should now be running the latest Vanilla RootBox Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware.
[Information Courtesy: Android Advices]